JOINING NORWOOD LIONS
Membership of Norwood Lions is open to men and women over 18 years of age. We are non-sectarian and non-political. If you're interested in joining, or just want to find out more about us, get in touch and arrange to attend a few club meetings to see if our club aligns with your interests and values.
Once you decide to join, membership is as easy as filling in an application form and paying your fees. Your application will need to be supported by a current Lions member and approved by the club Board, then you'll be formally welcomed to Norwood Lions with an induction and membership kit.
Norwood Lions meets on the first and third Monday of the month, from 7.00-9.00pm in the Regent Room at the Kensington Hotel, 23 Regent St Kensington.
The first Monday meeting has more of a business focus, and includes planning work done within the three sub-committees: Membership; Fundraising; and Activities.
The third Monday meeting is a more social meeting, where members and guests share a meal whilst hearing from a guest speaker.
Guests and potential members are very welcome to join us for our social meeting on the third Monday of the month.
Whilst recognising that we all juggle many responsibilities and priorities, members are encouraged to give feely and generously of their time, energy and resources, regularly attending club meetings and contributing to club fundraising, service and promotional activities.
Membership of Norwood Lions brings many rewards and benefits:
* You become part of a close knit group of like-minded people;
* You connect with members and activities in your local community;
* You gain the satisfaction of serving those who need support;
* You can develop leadership, planning, organisation, public speaking and other professional skills;
* You have the opportunity to present your own ideas and follow them up with concrete actions that you can see make a difference;
* You can experience local, national and international fellowship through becoming part of the worldâ€™s largest service organisation;
* You get to have fun and socialise with a great group of people, whilst participating in our service and fundraising projects. Families are also very welcome at our varied social events and many of our club activities;
* We network with other Lions throughout Australia and in many Countries throughout the World, connecting with people doing extraordinary things for worthwhile causes.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
To find out more, get in touch via one of the contacts below, or join us for our next social meeting at the Kensi, on the third Monday of the month.
This could be the most important and valuable action you take all year!
President: Rosemary Wenham ph 0439 836 914
Secretary: Liz Quarrell ph 0478 047 248
To locate an alternative Australian club, or find out more about the work of Lions Australia, click here